Homemade Italian Meatball Stew
* 1/2 C soft bread crumbs
* 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
* 1 Tbsp onion, chopped
* 1 egg
* 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
* 1/4 tsp garlic powder
* 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
* 1/2 lb. ground beef
* 2 C of water
* 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
* 1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans drain and rinse
* 1 (14 oz.) can stewed tomatoes
* 1 (14 oz.) can beef broth
* 1 (9 oz.) pkg. frozen Italian green beans
* 1 C fresh mushrooms, sliced
1. Place the bread crumbs into a mixing bowl.
2. Add the cheese and onion to the bowl.
3. Break the egg into the mixture and stir until well combined.
4. Add the cayenne pepper, garlic and parsley and stir to combine.
5. Add in the ground beef.
6. Using you hands mix the ingredients together well.
7. Form the mixture into medium sized meatballs.
8. Set the oven temperature at 375 degrees.
9. Spray a rectangle casserole dish well with a non stick cooking spray.
10. Place the meatballs into the prepared dish.
11. Bake 18 minutes, turning occasionally or until the meatballs are evenly browned.
12. Remove the pan from the oven and place the meatballs on a platter.
13. Pour the water into the casserole dish.
14. Sprinkle in the Italian seasoning.
15. Stir in the garbanzo beans and the green beans.
16. Pour the beef broth into the mixture.
17. Stir in the tomatoes and mushrooms.
18. Return the meatballs to the mixture.
19. Bake 30 minutes or until completely heated through.
This is an oven-baked stew, which makes it nice for a busy night when you can't be watching a pot boil. The meatballs are homemade so you end up with some mighty fine flavor. The ingredients for the stew are simple, but filling - just garbanzo beans, tomatoes, Italian green beans, and mushrooms. It's thick, rich, and delicious. What more could you want from stew?