1. Place all the ingredients except the sugar in the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
2. Select the dough cycle and when the kneading is complete stop the machine.
3. Remove the dough and let rest for 10 minutes.
4. Shape the dough into a cylinder, cut the cylinder into 9 pieces and push your thump through the middle to make a hole.
5. Place on a baking sheet, cover and let rise until double in size.
6. Sprinkle the sugar into boiling water and submerge the dough into the water for 10 seconds then bake 15 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven until nicely browned.