Honey Barbeque Smothered Burgers
* 4 slices bread
* 1/2 C milk
* 1 lb. ground beef (or turkey)
* 1 small onion, chopped very fine
* 3 TBSP canola oil
* 2 TBSP low sodium Worcestershire sauce
* 2 TBSP vinegar
* 2 TBSP honey
* 1 C low sodium ketchup
* 1/2 C water
1. Break up the bread and place it in a large mixing bowl.
2. Pour the milk over the bread and allow it to set until the bread is thoroughly moistened.
3. Break up the meat in large mixing bowl.
4. Add the onion.
5. Use your hands to mix the meat and onion together.
6. Place the milk soaked bread into the meat and onion mixture.
7. Use your hands to mix all together well.
8. Form the meat into even round patties.
9. Pour the canola oil into a large skillet.
10. Place the skillet over medium heat.
11. Heat the oil until almost hot but not smoking.
12. Place the patties into the hot skillet.
13. Fry the patties until just light brown.
14. Flip and brown the other side slightly.
15. Pour the Worcestershire sauce and vinegar into a mixing bowl.
16. Add the honey and ketchup.
17. Stir lightly to combine.
18. Pour in the water.
19. Whisk until completely combined.
20. Pour the mixture over the burgers.
21. Cover the skillet and reduce the heat to low.
22. Cook 20 to 25 minutes or until patties are cooked to your liking.