* 1 C of instant oats
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
* 2 1/2 of C milk
* 2 TBSP butter
* 1/8 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp honey
* 1/8 C of unsalted cashews
1. Place the oats, cinnamon, cardamom, milk, butter and salt in a saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes or until hot.
3. Stir in the honey until blended in well.
4. Sprinkle with cashews before serving.
Growing up, we always had a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. This recipe just takes that idea and fancies it up a bit. The crunch of the cashews make this hot oatmeal feel more like a special breakfast.