Hot Pepper Chicken Ham 'n' Sausage Pot With Wild Rice - Crock Pot
* 6 chicken thighs
* 1/4 lb deli style ham, chopped
* 1 (16 oz) can tomatoes, diced
* 1 green pepper, diced
* 6 green onions, diced
* 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
* 1 C long grain wild rice
* 1/2 lb Polish sausage, chunked
1. Lay the chicken thighs into the crock pot.
2. Put the ham, tomatoes, pepper and onions on top of the chicken.
3. Stir together in a mixing bowl the tomato paste, salt and hot pepper sauce.
4. Pour this mixture over the ingredients in the crock pot.
5. Cook covered 4 hours on low.
6. In a large saucepan place the rice with just enough water to cover the rice.
7. Bring the water and rice to a boil over high heat.
8. Reduce the heat to low and cook covered 20 minutes or until tender.
9. Spoon the rice into the crock pot.
10. Add the Polish sausage and stir.
11. Turn the heat to high, cover and continue cooking for another 1/2 hour.
This dish is for the meat-lovers in the family! We tease our brother-in-law because he's a "three meat" man. That man isn't satisfied unless there's an assortment of three different meats at every dinner! Well, this is one dish that is sure to please, even him! Enjoy!