Ice Cream Easter Eggs
* 3 pt soft vanilla ice cream
* 1 C mixed candied fruit
* 1/4 C light rum
* 1 C heavy cream
* 2 TBSP sugar
* Pastel food coloring
* Plastic egg mold
* Freezer wrap
1. Remove the ice cream from the freezer and place in a large mixing bowl.
2. You will need to work fast so the ice cream doesnĺt completely melt.
3. Stir in the candied fruit and rum.
4. Pour the ice cream mixture into the mold.
5. Place the mold into the freezer and allow the mixture to freeze solid.
6. When ready to decorate the eggs place a platter into the freezer for about 30 minutes to chill.
7. Remove the ice cream eggs from the mold and place on the chilled platter.
8. Return to the freezer until the frosting is prepared and ready to use.
9. To make the frosting place the heavy cream into a mixing bowl.
10. Add the sugar and mix until very stiff.
11. Remove the eggs from the freezer and using 1/2 of the frosting mixture frost the eggs completely.
12. Return the eggs to the platter and place back in the freezer.
13. Divide the remaining frosting into separate bowls.
14. Color the frosting with the different food colorings.
15. Remove the eggs from the freezer again.
16. Use a pastry bag with different tips or a plastic bag with the corner cut out decorate the eggs with the different colored frostings.
17. Once decorated return the eggs to the freezer and allow to freeze solid.
18. When the eggs are frozen solid remove and wrap each individual egg with the freezer wrap.
19. Eggs will remain fresh in the freezer for up to 1 month.