Individual Frozen Lemon Pies
* 3 eggs, divided
* 1 TBSP lemon peel, grated
* 1/3 C lemon juice
* 1 C heavy whipping cream
* 1/2 C sugar
* 1 C toasted rice cereal, crushed
* 6 small foil pie pans
* Freezer paper
1. Separate the eggs into two separate bowls.
2. Beat the egg yolks with an electric mixer on medium speed until they just start to thicken.
3. Add in the grated lemon peel and the lemon juice.
4. Set the mixer on low speed and beat until well blended.
5. Add the sugar to the egg whites 2 TBSP at a time.
6. Beat with the electric mixer on medium speed after each addition until peaks begin to form.
7. When the peaks start to form then after each addition the peaks should stiffen.
8. Once all the sugar has been added and the peaks are stiff fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg white mixture.
9. Add the whipping cream and mix until combined.
10. Fill the bottom of each foil pie pan with the rice cereal.
11. Fill each pie pan with the lemon mixture.
12. Top with more cereal.
13. Wrap each pie pan securely with freezer wrap.
14. Pies will remain fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months.
15. To serve place the frozen pie in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
16. Top with whip cream before serving. Place egg whites in a mixing bowl.