1. Place all ingredients in a large ziploc bag.
2. Add chicken pieces to bag, seal, and put in refrigerator overnight.
3. When ready to cook, preheat grill to medium.
4. Take chicken out of marinade and place, skin side down, on grill grates on indirect heat; close grill.
5. When the skin crisps, turn and grill until meat is cooked through; about 15 to 25 minutes depending on the cuts of chicken.
I like to use chicken thighs for this recipe because the flavor of the dark meat stands up really well to the marinade. Also, chicken thighs are a lot cheaper than chicken breasts. But, a nice mix of chicken pieces is nice, too, so everyone gets what they like.
You can easily double or triple this recipe to cover a family cookout. Grill some pineapple slices and you have your own little luau. Enjoy!