1. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then brown in oil in heavy skillet over medium high heat.
2. Place browned chicken in crockpot.
3. In same skillet, add mushrooms and saute over medium high heat until browned slightly.
4. Add wine to skillet and scrape browned bits from bottom.
5. Pour mushroom-wine mixture over chicken in crockpot and sprinkle Italian seasoning over the top.
6. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours.
7. Serve with rice.
It only takes a few ingredients to make a luscious meal when you choose ingredients that are super flavorful. With fresh mushrooms, wine, and Italian seasoning, this simple dish has a lot of depth. In addition, using chicken thighs adds even more flavor, as opposed to chicken breast meat.
Serve this chicken over brown rice for more nutrition and a nice texture.