* 1 lb. Italian sausage, cut into thin circles
* 1 small eggplant, cut into thin circles
* 1 Tbsp olive oil
* 1 ripe tomato, cut into circles
* 1 tsp dried oregano
* 1 lb. shredded mozzarella cheese
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Set your grill to medium-high heat and preheat.
Lay out 4 sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil.
2. Divide the sausage evenly between the 4 pieces of foil
3. Drizzle the olive oil over the eggplant pieces, tossing to coat well, then divide the pieces evenly on top of the sausage on the foil.
4. Top the eggplant with the tomato, then sprinkle with oregano, then top with the cheese. Salt and pepper if desired.
5. Place on grill on indirect heat, close cover, and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, spinning packets at least once, or until the sausage is cooked through. The time will vary depending on the heat of your grill.
6. Remove from grill and let stand for 3 to 5 minutes, then carefully open and serve. Serves 4.