Italian Mozzarella Burger
* 1 egg
* 2 Tbsp. ketchup
* 1/4 C rolled oats
* 3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp garlic powder
* 1/4 tsp onion powder
* 1 lb. ground beef
* 4 slices mozzarella cheese
* hearty buns or rolls
1. Set the oven to broil.
2. Break the egg into a bowl and beat lightly.
3. Stir the ketchup into the egg.
4. Fold the oats into the mixture.
5. Sprinkle in the Italian seasoning, salt, and the garlic and onion powder.
6. Add the beef and using your hands mix the ingredients together well.
7. Form the mixture into 4 even sized patties.
8. Place the patties on a lightly greased rack over the broiler pan.
9. Broil 4 inches from the heat source for 15 minutes.
10. Place a slice of cheese over each patty.
11. Return to broiler for 1 minute or until the cheese has melted.
This burger recipes works equally well with beef and turkey. The ketchup and Italian seasoning adds a lot of flavor and interest to the burger, as well as adding moisture. You can actually use provolone cheese if you prefer a little smoky flavor in your burger.