* 2 lbs. fresh green beans, washed and ends trimmed off
* 4 large tomatoes, chopped
* 6 garlic cloves, minced
* 3 tbsp. olive oil
* 2 tbsp. dried oregano
* Salt and pepper
1. Blanch green beans in boiling water for 2 minutes to soften slightly. Drain well.
2. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until softened. Add tomatoes, oregano and salt and pepper (to taste) - simmer uncovered until tomatoes start to break down.
3. Add green beans and continue to cook until beans are tender. Once beans are tender, continue to cook for 10 more minutes. Check pan for moisture, if it becomes too dry reduce heat or cover pan.