Italian Vegetable Stuffed Pasta
* 2 TBSP olive oil
* 1 small onion, diced
* 1 (10 oz) pkg. frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
* 2 C shredded carrots
* 1 zucchini, julienne (1 1/2 C)
* 1 yellow squash, julienne (1 Ż C)
* 4 garlic cloves minced
* 1 (8 oz) container ricotta cheese
* 1 1/4 C shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp pepper
* 1 lb jumbo pasta shells, cooked
* 1 (25.5 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
* 1/4 C chopped fresh basil
1. Cook pasta shells according to pkg directions and drain well.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add onion.
4. Cook 5 minutes or until onion just begins to brown.
5. Add garlic, squash, zucchini, spinach and carrots.
6. Cook about 10 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender.
7. Drain vegetables well and allow to cool to room temperature.
8. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
9. Mix ricotta cheese and 1/4 C of Parmesan cheese together.
10. Add salt and pepper and stir.
11. Stir in vegetables.
12. Spray a large baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray.
13. Fill each shell with 1 TBSP of the vegetable mixture.
14. Place shells in prepared baking dish.
15. Pour the spaghetti sauce over the top of the shells.
16. Top with the rest of the Parmesan cheese and basil.
17. Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until completely heated through.
Stuffed pasta shells are always a family-pleasing meal. They look so elegant, but are really just "down home" if you ask me. Even though you're filling the shells with veggies, your kids will love them because you cover it all up with cheese and spaghetti sauce. Very sneaky... and wonderfully wise.