1. Clean and wash cauliflower, then cut into even size small pieces.
2. Bring a big pot of water to a boil, drop cauliflower pieces in and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
3. Drain well, then dump onto a surface covered in paper towels to remove any leftover moisture; do not let cool off.
4. Put warm cauliflower in food processor and add the remaining ingredients (except garnish) and pulse until blended well and has the consistency of mashed potatoes. Don't over blend; leave some lumps, or the "potatoes" will start to get runny.
5. Serve with a sprinkle of chives and pats of butter.
These 'potatoes' have become a staple in my house. Once you get your family hooked on mashed cauliflower served like potatoes, you may never go back. They are THAT delicious.
You can tweak this recipe quite a bit. For instance, if you are trying to sneak this by your potato-loving family, just make it half and half - half mashed potatoes and half mashed cauliflower. As they grow to love the flavor, start mixing in more cauliflower and less potatoes. You can eliminate the chicken bouillon if you wish, and you can add more Parmesan cheese.
You can even make a twice baked stuffed potato. Just scoop out your potatoes, put half the potatoes away for another dish, and mix in the mashed cauliflower. Then add all the cheese you want, throw in some cooked veggies if you like, or even some bacon, mix, and stuff the potatoes. Put them back in the oven and you have a healthier, lower carb twice baked potato.