1. Heat the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
2. Place paper muffin cups into a muffin tin.
3. In one bowl mix together the oats, flour, sugar, baking powder and nutmeg until well blended.
4. In another bowl combine the carrots, milk, sour cream and egg whites. These ingredients should be mixed together very well.
5. Now, add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
6. Use a rubber spatula to combine all the ingredients together.
7. Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full.
8. Bake 16 - 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.