1. Remove shells from eggs. Halve eggs lengthwise; remove and discard the yolks.
2. In a small bowl, dissolve sugar in vinegar.
3. Rinse the chickpeas and drain thoroughly.
4. In a food processor or blender, combine chickpeas, sugar mixture, mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, pepper, onions and clove and blend until smooth.
5. Spoon mixture into egg whites or fill using a fluted pastry bag.
6. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
This recipe removes 3 grams of fat and adds 6 grams of protein and 7 grams of dietary fiber compared to real deviled eggs.
Serving Size: 1/2 egg, or one Deviled Egg
Makes 12 Servings
Nutrients per serving:
Total fat: 2 grams
Saturated fat: trace
Sodium: 70 mg
Carbohydrate: 24 grams
Protein: 9 grams
Dietary fiber: 7