1. Pour the dry pudding mix into a saucepan.
2. Add the milk powder and stir to incorporate together.
3. Stir in the water and mix well.
4. Place the pan over medium heat.
5. Cook 5 minutes, stirring continuously, until the mixture just begins to boil.
6. Mixture will thicken as it cooks.
7. Remove from the heat and stir in the extract.
8. Carefully fold in the pecans.
9. Place the pie crust in a pie pan and prick the bottom of the crust a few times with a fork.
10. Pour the thickened mixture into the crust.
11. Cover and refrigerate until set about 3 hours.