* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, quartered
* 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
* 1 green bell pepper, chopped
* 2 bay leaves
* 1 can (15 1/2 oz) red beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
* 1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 package (12 oz) frozen, shelled, de-veined, cooked small shrimp, thawed & drained
* 1/2 lb smoked kielbasa, halved lengthwise & cut into 1" slices
* cooked rice
1. In 6 qt crock pot, layer ingredients in this order: onion, chicken, garlic, bell pepper, bay leaves, red beans, tomato paste, diced tomatoes and salt. Do not stir.
2. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours.
3. Add shrimp and sausage to crock pot. Stir lightly. Remove bay leaves. Cover and cook on high 10-15 minutes or until everything is heated through.
Serve over cooked rice.