* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1 medium onion, diced
* 1 can (14 1/2 oz) tomatoes, not drained
* 1 can (15 1/4 oz) red kidney beans, drained
* 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 4 eggs
* 1/2 cup finely shredded lettuce
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender, stirring often.
2. Add tomatoes, kidney beans, chili powder and salt. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Bring heat down to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Make 4 deep indentations with a spoon in the mixture. Break eggs, one a time, and drop into the indentations.
4. Cover skillet and cook for about 10 minutes or until eggs are done to your liking. Top with shredded lettuce and serve.