Mint Marinaded Grilled Chicken with Dijon Honey Sauce
* 1/4 C + 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
* 1/4 C lemon juice
* 1/3 C fresh mint, coarsely chopped
* 1 tbsp garlic, coarsely chopped
* 1 tsp salt
* 1/2 tsp pepper
* 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
* 2 tbsp unsalted butter
* 1 small yellow onion, chopped fine
* 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped fine
* 1/4 C Dijon mustard
* 2 tbsp honey
1. Whisk together in a large bowl 1/4 cup olive oil and lemon juice.
2. Add the mint, garlic, salt and pepper and whisk to blend in well.
3. Place the chicken into a zip lock bag.
4. Pour in the marinade, seal and turn to coat the chicken well.
5. Place in the refrigerator for one hour to eight hours.
6. In a skillet over medium high heat put the remaining olive oil and butter.
7. Heat until the butter has completely melted then stir to blend.
8. Stir in the onion and jalapenos and sautÚ for 5 minutes.
9. Remove immediately from the heat and stir in the mustard and honey. Set aside.
10. Set the grill temperature to medium high and allow the grill to heat.
11. Remove chicken from bag, and throw out marinade.
12. Place the chicken breasts on the hot grill, baste with basting sauce, and cook for 4 minutes, then turn over, baste with basting sauce and cook 4 more minutes.
13. Make sure the chicken juice runs clear when cut with a knife before you remove them from the grill.
Both marinade and basting sauce? This chicken is certainly given the full treatment. There are a whole lot of flavors going on here, so be ready for a taste explosion! The entire backyard will be filled with spicy sweet aromas when you're grilling this chicken.