* 1/4 C sugar
* 2 tsp cornstarch
* 1 C fat-free milk
* 1 beaten egg
* 2 TBSP light dairy sour cream
* 1/2 tsp vanilla
* 3 C fresh raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, or halved strawberries
1. To prepare custard, combine cornstarch and 2 TBSP of sugar in a small pan.
2. Mix well then add egg and milk.
3. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to boil, stirring frequently.
4. Do not to over cook.
5. Once custard begins to bubble, pour into a bowl immediately and allow to cool approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
6. Slowly whisk sour cream into the custard mix well.
7. Add vanilla.
8. Cover and chill up to 1 day.
9. When ready to serve, if custard is too thick add a bit of milk, and spoon atop berry mixture.
10. Set berry mixture aside.
11. Now it's time to create the topping.
12. In a skillet, heat 2 TBSP of sugar on medium-high heat just until sugar begins to melt.
13. Shake skillet (do not stir sugar) to heat evenly.
14. Reduce to low heat and cook until sugar is melted and golden stirring with a wooden spoon if needed.
15. Once sugar is cooked pour over berry custard mixture.
16. Serve immediately.