* 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed (1" pieces)
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
* 4 oz whole, button mushrooms
* 2 tablespoons capers
1. Combine butter, salt, garlic, pepper, paprika, mushrooms and capers in a large heavy skillet. Bring to a gentle boil.
2. Stir in chicken and bring heat down to simmer.
3. Cover and cook slowly for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionaly.
Serve over brown rice for a nice, filling meal.
If you've never cooked with capers before, this is a good time to start. Without the capers, this skillet dinner is good... with the capers, it's great! Capers are very, very flavorful and give many dishes an extra boost. Buy a jar and start experimenting with them and you'll be hooked before you know it.