* 3 cups linguine noodles, uncooked
* 2 cups broccoli florets, bite size
* 1 sweet red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
* 1 (10 oz.) container Alfredo sauce
* 1/2 tsp dill
* 1 (9) oz. can white tuna, drained
1. Cook the pasta according the package directions adding the broccoli and sweet red bell peppers during the last 5 minutes of the cooking time.
2. Drain well and return to the pot.
3. Pour the Alfredo sauce into the pot, add dill, and stir to combine.
4. Fold in the tuna.
5. Heat the mixture over low heat for about 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
Makes 4 serving
Be sure to use tuna that is packed in water instead of oil for a less "fishy" tasting and a healthier dish. If the Alfredo sauce seems too thick, stir in about 1 tablespoon of milk, stir, add more if desired, etc.
Any time you make a pasta and vegetable dish, try throwing the veggies in the pasta just before the pasta is fully cooked, just long enough for the veggies to get crisp/tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. It's a good trick that saves dirtying another pot, plus the veggie nutrients end up in the pasta.