Open My Eyes Omelet
* 2 C egg substitute
* 1 large egg
* Hot pepper sauce (to taste)
* 1/4 C vegetable juice
* 3 TBSP green onions, chopped
* 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
* 1/2 C shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
1. Place a large skillet over low heat.
2. Pour in the vegetable juice.
3. Allow the juice to become very hot but not boiling.
4. Add the onions.
5. Cook 6 minutes or until the onion just becomes tender.
6. Add the black pepper and stir well.
7. In a large mixing bowl whisk together the egg substitute and the 1 egg until just combined.
8. Whisk in the hot pepper sauce.
9. Continue whisking until the mixture becomes frothy.
10. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet.
11. Cook until eggs are set.
12. Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese.
13. Fold over to form an omelet