Out of this World Apricot Pie
* 4 C apricots, pitted, cut in half and sliced
* 1 TBSP lemon juice
* 3/4 C light brown sugar, firmly packed
* 1/4 C sugar
* 2 TBSP quick cooking tapioca
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 2 refrigerated pie crusts
* 2 TBSP butter or margarine
1. Spread the apricot slices out in a large bowl.
2. Sprinkle with the lemon juice and toss.
3. Place both types of sugar, the tapioca and the salt into a separate bowl.
4. Mix together well.
5. Transfer the apricots into the bowl with the sugars.
6. Toss to cover the apricots well.
7. Allow to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
8. Lightly flour a flat surface.
9. Roll out one pie crust into an 11 in. circle.
10. Place the crust in a pie plate.
11. Use a fork to prick the crust in 4 to 6 places.
12. Pour the apricot mixture into the crust.
13. Dot the top of the filling with the 2 TBSP of butter or margarine.
14. Add a little more flour to the flat surface.
15. Roll out the second crust to a 10 in. circle.
16. Place the crust over the top of the pie.
17. Crimp the edges of the two pie crusts together to seal.
18. Cut 3 slits in the top crust to vent.
19. Set the oven temperature at 425 degrees and allow to heat.
20. Once the oven is hot bake the pie 40 minutes or until the crust is a light golden brown.
21. Cover the edges with aluminum foil if they begin to brown too quickly.
22. To freeze place the apricot filling in a piece of aluminum foil.
23. Wrap tightly and freeze over night.
24. Wrap again with aluminum foil and place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
25. To bake thaw the mixture in the refrigerator over night.
26. Bake as directed above.