1) Turn oven on to 475 degrees.
2) Wash broccoli and trim the bottoms. Cut into spears, splitting the stalks smaller by running knife from tops (florets) of broccoli to end.
3) Place broccoli spears on large baking pan.
4) In bowl, mix together the oil, garlic, salt, and pepper, then drizzle over broccoli, coating broccoli well.
5) Bake at 475 degrees for 15 minutes, do not turn.
6) Meanwhile, put small skillet over medium heat and add almonds. Cook, shaking pan often, until almonds are lightly toasted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
7) When broccoli is cooked, remove from oven and put in serving dish. Add toasted almonds and serve immediately.