1. Lightly spray a baking dish with oil.
2. In a large bowl, put milk, green onions, eggs, mustard, and pepper, and whisk until well blended.
3. Add bread cubes and ham to the bowl and stir to combine.
4. Pour mixture into baking dish, then sprinkle cheese evenly over the top.
5. Cover and put in refrigerator overnight.
6. When ready to bake, remove dish from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature while you preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Uncover dish, and bake for 20 minutes.
8. Fry the bacon and sprinkle over the top of the dish, then put back in oven and continue baking for 15 minutes or until hot and eggs are set and cheese has started to brown. Serves 4 to 6 and can easily be doubled.
This is a recipe I use for a brunch, not breakfast. It's really meant to be spicy and very filling which makes it perfect for brunch or lunch. It's a great dish for overnight guests over the holidays who sleep in late and wake up starving. Everybody can fill up and then hit the after holiday sales! Or, if you are an early-bird shopper, put this dish in the oven when you get home for a simple, satisfying dinner.