Paprika Quinoa Veggie Stew
* 1 finely chopped sweet onion
* 1 red bell pepper, diced
* 2 tsp olive oil
* 1 tbsp Hungarian paprika
* 2 tsp coriander
* 1 1/2 tsp cumin
* 6 cups vegetable broth
* 1 lb red potatoes, diced
* 1 cup quinoa, well-rinsed
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 4 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels
* 2 tomatoes, chopped coarsely
* 1 cup frozen peas
* 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
* 1 avocado, diced (optional)
1. Combine bell pepper, oil, onion, and pinch of salt in a Dutch oven.
2. Cover and cook on medium-low heat until vegetables are soft, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Stir in paprika, coriander, cumin, and garlic.
4. Stir in potatoes and broth, then bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer ten minutes.
5. Stir in quinoa and continue simmering for an additional eight minutes.
6. Stir in corn and continue simmering until potatoes and quinoa are just tender, around five to seven minutes.
7. Stir in tomatoes and peas and cook for an additional two minutes.
8. Remove from heat, then stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper as desired.
9. Garnish bowls of stew with avocado before serving. Makes six servings.
The spices in this stew help create a very warming meal. Paprika, coriander, cumin, and cilantro work together to make a rich, multi-layered flavor treat. Oh, yes... and we can't forget the garlic. This quinoa vegetable stew is an adventure!