Peachy Keen Freezer Jam
* 3 lbs. peaches, pitted and peeled
* 2 TBSP ginger
* 5 C sugar
* 1 C cold water
* 2 pkgs. (1 3/4 oz) powdered pectin
* 4 (1 pint) freezer containers with lids
1. Finely chop the peaches into 4 to 5 C.
2. Place the chopped peaches into a large mixing bowl.
3. Sprinkle with ginger and toss to cover.
4. Gradually add the sugar and stir together while adding.
5. Pour the cold water into a small saucepan.
6. Place the pan over medium high heat.
7. Add the pectin to the water.
8. Bring the mixture to a quick bowl being sure to stir continuously.
9. Once the water is boiling continue to cook for 1 minute.
10. After 1 minute pour the pectin over the peach mixture.
11. Stir well to combine all the ingredients together.
12. Continue to stir the mixture for 5 more minutes.
13. Divide the peach mixture into the 4 freezer containers.
14. Cover with the lids and let stand at room temperature for 24 hours.
15. After 24 hours place the containers in the freezer.
16. Jam will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 6 months.
17. When ready to use allow the jam to come to room temperature for about 2 hours.
18. This jam will stay fresh for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
If you feed your kids toaster waffles in the morning, the addition of a little homemade peach jam makes those instant waffles taste like you made them from scratch. Because, after all, it's all about the jam, not the waffles! Enjoy!