Pecan and Mint Freezer Cake
* 1 (15 oz) pkg. Angel Food cake mix
* 1/3 C chocolate mint cookies, crushed
* 3/4 C chopped pecans
* 3 pints Peppermint ice cream, slightly soft
* Aluminum foil
* Freezer wrap
1. Prepare the cake as directed on the package.
2. Bake at 375 in a tube pan for 40 minutes.
3. Cake will spring back when lightly touched when done.
4. Invert immediately and allow cake to cool one hour.
5. Allow the ice cream to sit in a large mixing bowl about 5 minutes to soften slightly.
6. Place the crushed cookies and pecans in the bowl with the ice cream.
7. Stir until completely combined.
8. Return the ice cream mixture to the freezer.
9. When cake has cooled cut it into three long sections.
10. Lay a piece of aluminum foil on a flat surface being sure there is enough foil to cover a three layered cake.
11. Place one layer of the cake on the aluminum foil.
12. Spread that layer of cake with 1/3 of the ice cream mixture.
13. Repeat layers ending with the last 1/3 of the ice cream mixture.
14. Cover completely with the aluminum foil.
15. Return to the freezer for 2 hours.
16. Remove and cut into slices before serving.
17. To freeze remove from the freezer after 2 hours and wrap tightly in freezer wrap.
18. Can be stored up to 1 month in the freezer before using.