* 1 pt fresh strawberries, washed, drained and hulls removed
* 2 1/2 C of fresh pineapple, peeled and finely chopped
* 7 C sugar
* 2 pkgs. (1 3/4 oz) powdered pectin
* 1 C cold water
* 4 pt freezer containers with lids
1. Place strawberries in a large mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher.
2. Measure 2 1/2 C of the strawberries and place them in a bowl.
3. Gently fold in the pineapple.
4. Add the sugar a little at a time being sure to stir well after each addition.
5. Pour the water into a saucepan and place it over medium heat.
6. Stir in the pectin and continue stirring until the water begins to boil.
7. Allow mixture to boil 1 minute.
8. Pour the pectin mixture into the fruit mixture and stir well.
9. Pour into the freezer containers.
10. Cover and allow standing for 24 hours before freezing.
11. After the jam has been frozen you can use by allowing the jam to stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
12. After use cover and refrigerate up to 3 weeks.
13. Jam will remain fresh in the freezer for up to 6 months.