1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a muffin tin with paper muffin cups.
3. Place the oil, sugar, egg and vanilla into a large mixing bowl.
4. Very carefully with an electric mixer on low, cream the ingredients together.
5. In a different bowl, place the flour, poppy seeds, baking soda and salt and toss the ingredients to mix thoroughly.
6. Place 1/2 of the dry mixture into the wet mixture and add 1/2 of the jar of baby food.
7. Use a rubber spatula and mix the ingredients until completely combined.
8. Add the other half of the dry mixture and then the other half of the baby food and continue mixing until completely combined and all the dry ingredients are completely moistened.
9. Fill each cup with the batter not quite to the top.
10. Bake 20 minutes or until the muffin bounces back when touched slightly with a finger.
If you're like most of us, you went overboard when your baby started eating baby food, buying up jarred baby fruit because you found a good price. And like most babies, yours got tired of eating that baby food fruit and moved on to toddler eating habits long before you ran out of those little jars. Problem solved. Try these muffins and you'll be sort of glad you stocked up!