Puffy Pumpkin Custard Cups
* Cooking spray
* Sugar for dusting
* 6 eggs, separated
* 3/4 tsp cream of tartar
* 1/2 C sugar
* 1/2 C pumpkin puree
* 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1. Place the egg whites into a mixing bowl.
2. Sprinkle in the cream of tartar.
3. Blend on medium speed with an electric mixer until frothy.
4. Continue beating the mixture while adding 2 tbsp of sugar.
5. Continue adding 2 tbsp of sugar at a time while beating continuously until all the sugar is used.
6. Beat the egg yolks until thick.
7. Combine the pumpkin puree with a rubber spatula until blended in well.
8. Fold the pumpkin mixture into the egg white mixture.
9. Generously spray 6 oven safe custard cups.
10. Dust each cup lightly with sugar.
11. Pour the pumpkin batter into each custard cup.
12. Place the custard cups into a large baking pan.
13. Fill the pan with hot water until it almost reaches the top of the dessert cups, being careful not to get any water in the cups.
14. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 18 minutes or until light brown and the tops begin to puff.
Want something a little different for your holiday dessert this year? Traditionally, I like to stay with pumpkin, but how fun is it to give each guest their own individual pumpkin dessert! This is very yummy and very special!