Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
* 2 C all purpose flour
* 2 tbsp brown sugar
* 1 tbsp baking powder
* 1 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 3/4 C of milk
* 1/2 C pumpkin puree
* 1 large egg
* 2 tbsp canola oil
1. In a large mixing bowl put the flour, brown sugar and baking powder and mix.
2. Mix in the pumpkin spice and salt.
3. In a separate bowl put the milk.
4. Mix in with a rubber spatula the puree, egg and canola oil.
5. Mix the puree mixture into the flour mixture and mix until completely moist.
6. The batter will be slightly lumpy.
7. In a large skillet put just enough canola oil to cover the bottom.
8. Heat the oil.
9. 1/4 C of the batter is poured into the skillet.
10. Cook the pancake 2 minutes or until bubbles begin to appear around the edges.
11. Flip and cook 1 minute longer or until a golden brown.
12. Continue this for each pancake.
After Thanksgiving is over, I like to top off the holiday with a nice morning-after breakfast. Sure, we dig into some of the leftovers, but these pancakes are just a special way to reminisce about the pumpkin pies that are now just a sweet memory.