*1 tsp cooking oil
*1 clove garlic, minced
*1 1/2 C of cooked quinoa
*2 C baby spinach leaves
*2 green onions, sliced
*1 1/2 C cherry tomatoes, halved
*sea salt and pepper to taste
*dash of fresh parsley
*dash of basil or other herbs you like
*pinch of nutmeg
*squeeze of lemon juice
1. Heat the oil in skillet over medium heat and stir in the garlic; cook 30 seconds.
2. Stir in the quinoa, spinach, onion, and tomatoes.
3. Cook over medium until heated through.
4. Remove from heat and sprinkle the top with the salt, pepper, herbs, nutmeg and lemon juice and stir gently to combine.
5. Serve immediately while still warm.
Quinoa and spinach are both excellent sources of protein, so this dish is actually nutritionally balanced and would be a great vegetarian main course.
When you make this dish, be sure to use a very large skillet so you have room to toss the ingredients together without smashing them. You want the spinach to maintain some of its shape by not over cooking or bruising the delicate leaves. The tomatoes also should just be warmed through and not softened too much. This is a very fresh looking and tasting dish.