Rainy Day Beef Stew
* 1 lb. stew meat
* 1/2 C flour
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1/2 tsp. pepper
* 3 TBSP cooking oil
* 1 1/2 C water
* 2 onions, sliced
* 3 potatoes, cubed
* 3 carrots, sliced
* 3 stalks celery, diced
1. In a large bowl combine the flour, salt and pepper.
2. Add the stew meat.
3. Cover the meat well with the flour mixture.
4. Place the oil in a soup kettle over medium high heat.
5. Add the floured meat pieces.
6. Cook the meat until brown on all sides.
7. Add the water to the kettle.
8. Cover the kettle and place the heat on low.
9. Cook the meat in the water for about 1 1/2 hour or until the meat is fork tender.
10. Place the onions, potatoes, carrots and celery in the kettle.
11. Cover and continue to cook 1 hour or until the potatoes are as tender as like.
12. If the stew is not as thick as you like you can add some of the flour mixture being sure to stir it well so the stew won't be lumpy.