* 3 fresh green tomatoes, diced small
* 3 fresh ripe red tomatoes, diced small
* 1 small sweet onion, diced small
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 3 hot peppers (jalapeno or chipolte), seeded and diced very small
* 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped small
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
The combination of red and green tomatoes in this salsa make it extra pretty and tasty. You can seed the tomatoes but I prefer a "rough" salsa - very homemade appearing and tasting.
It will be a bit runnier if you don't seed the tomatoes but I like the extra juice.
And, yes, you now have an excuse to slurp up the leftover salsa on your plate!