Rich 'n' Creamy Apple Bundt Cake
* 1 C butter or margarine, room temperature
* 2 1/2 C sugar
* 1/2 C light brown sugar, firmly packed
* 1 C sour cream
* 2 tsp vanilla extract
* 6 eggs
* 3 C all purpose flour
* 2 tsp cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 2 Granny Smith apples, cored, peeled and chopped
* 2 ripe bananas, sliced thin
1. Place the butter and both types of sugar into a large mixing bowl.
2. On medium speed of an electric mixer beat 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
3. Add in the sour cream and vanilla and continue beating 1 minute longer.
4. Add the eggs and beat another 2 minutes.
5. Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda in a separate bowl.
6. The dry ingredients are poured into the egg mixture.
7. Blend on low speed just until blended.
8. Carefully fold in the apples and bananas.
9. Spray a Bundt cake pan generously with cooking spray.
10. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared Bundt pan.
11. Bake in a 325 degree oven 80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Get that Bundt cake pan down from the pantry and dust it off! Okay, actually wash it... anyway, I have a Bundt cake recipe that is worth it!
This is an especially smooth and moist cake because of all the sour cream and eggs, especially. I love using the Granny Smith apples because along with the sweet, creamy cake you get some nice tart apple flavor. Very good with a little white frosting drizzled over the top.