1. Cut carrots in half.
2. Take the bigger half and cut again from top to bottom.
3. Heat oil in a skillet on high.
4. Lay carrots side by side in a layer in skillet.
5. Sprinkle carrots with the onion and pepper.
6. Reduce heat to medium low and cover.
7. Cook carrots for 30 minutes, turning at 15 minutes.
8. Once carrots begin to caramelize and the liquid evaporates, remove from skillet.
9. Place carrots in a bowl and sprinkle with thyme, rosemary and orange juice.
10. Toss together coating well and serve.