1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In large bowl, toss together the Brussels sprouts, olive oil, and balsamic vinaigrette. Empty mixture onto a large shallow roasting pan.
3. Roast in oven at 450 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring a few times during cooking time. Brussels sprouts should finish nicely browned.
4. Toast pine nuts just before sprouts are done roasting; put in dry (no oil) skillet over medium heat and shake pan until pine nuts lightly brown, then remove from heat.
5. Remove sprouts from oven and empty into large bowl. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, salt, and pine nuts on sprouts, toss, and serve hot.
Toasted pine nuts can 'fancy up' just about any dish. Plus, when you roast your Brussels sprouts, they get nice and sweet and nutty flavored. You'll never boil them again!
Buy fresh Brussels sprouts for this dish and wash them well. If you can't get fresh, frozen will work. Just thaw them in a colander so they drain, then dry them off well. Cut the roasting time down by half and watch them closely.