1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a large pot boil the potatoes for 5 minutes, just until tender (do not over boil).
3. Drain and set aside.
4. In a roasting pan combine the olive oil and butter.
5. Place in the oven for a quick 2 to 3 minutes, just until the butter melts and tray is hot.
6. Add the potatoes to the baking tray and toss well with the butter/olive oil mixture.
7. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Roast for approximately 50 minutes, basting and tossing half way through cooking.