* 1 lb of red sorrel leaves, chopped
* 1 lg onion, chopped
* 6 C water
* 1 TBSP butter
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 1/2 loaf of bread, cut into cubes
1. Fill a large soup pot with the water.
2. Add the red sorrel and onion.
3. Stir in the butter, salt and pepper.
4. Bring to a rapid boil.
5. Continue boiling until the onion is fork tender.
6. Place the bread cubes in a large mixing bowl.
7. Pour the soup of the bread.
8. Cover and allow sitting for about 10 minutes being sure the bread is completely soaked.
9. Serve immediately.