* 1 medium beefsteak tomato
* 1 small red onion
* 1 avocado
* 2 lemons, one juiced, one cut in wedges
* 2 Tbsp sour cream
* 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
* salt and pepper
* 1/2 lb smoked salmon, thinly sliced
* 4 medium size hard rolls
* Romaine lettuce leaves
1. Slice tomato and onion into thin circles, set aside.
2. Halve the avocado, removing pit and skin, setting half the avocado in a bowl and slice the other half into thin wedges.
3. To the avocado in the bowl, add most of the lemon juice, sour cream and mayonnaise (sprinkling some juice over sliced avocado wedges). Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cut the rolls in half and lay out on a work surface. Spread the avocado-mayo mixture on each cut side of rolls. Put the sandwiches together in these layers: lettuce, tomato, onion, smoked salmon, avocado wedges.
5. Put top half of roll on and serve immediately. Or wrap tightly to transport for a lunch or picnic. Include lemon wedges in with each sandwich for garnish and extra lemon juice on avocado slices if desired.