* 1 cup good sauerkraut
* 2 cups cornflakes, crushed or rolled fine, divided in half
* 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
* 1/4 tsp. salt (more or less depending on sauerkraut used)
* 1 egg, beaten with fork
* 4 Tblsp. high temperature cooking oil
1. Put the sauerkraut, 1 cup of cornflake crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and egg in a large bowl and mix together.
2. Form balls, about 12 to 16, and roll in remaining cornflake crumbs.
3. Heat oil in large heavy cast iron skillet until sizzling.
4. Drop balls, a few at a time, in oil and brown, turning often, until crispy, removing to a paper towel covered rack to drain and cool.
5. Serve with Thousand Island dressing dip as an appetizer.
These are great appetizers for lazy days in front of the television watching the game or NASCAR. Try a few different dips (like mustard, honey mustard, etc.) until you find what you like. I like the Thousand Island dip because it's reminiscent of a Reuben Sandwich. Enjoy!