*1/2 C of soy sauce
*1/2 C green onions, chopped and divided
*3 tbsp lime juice
*2 tbsp brown sugar
*1/8 tsp hot sauce
*1 garlic clove, minced
*2 lbs. boneless sirloin steak, 1 inch thick
*2 oranges, peeled, sectioned and chopped
*2 tbsp orange juice
*2 tbsp red wine vinegar
*2 tbsp lemon, chopped
*1 tbsp lime, chopped
*1 tbsp sugar
*1 tsp cilantro
*1 tsp jalapeno pepper, minced
*1/2 tsp lemon peel, grated
*1/2 tsp lime peel, grated
*1/8 tsp salt
1. Place the soy sauce, 1/4 C of green onions, the lime juice, brown sugar, hot sauce and garlic into a resealable bag and shake to mix.
2. Add the steak, seal and turn to coat the steak well.
3. Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
4. Remove the steak from the marinade and discard the marinade.
5. Grill the steak for 5 minutes turn and grill an additional 5 minutes.
6. Place the remaining ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine and serve over the sliced steak.
Anytime you top a hot, grilled steak with cold citrus salsa it's a treat. But this grilled steak also was marinaded in a fabulous blend of sweet brown sugar and spicy hot sauce. The flavors are all over the place, making this a wonderfully delicious dish for grownups and kids alike. It's also very pretty so makes an excellent dish for company.