Savory Grilled Bacon Mushroom and Chicken Liver Kabobs
* 1/2 C grenadine syrup
* 4 tbsp red wine
* 2 tbsp sugar
* 2 onions, grated
* 4 cloves of garlic, minced fine
* 1/2 tsp oregano
* 1/2 tsp rosemary
* 1/2 tsp thyme
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1/2 tsp pepper
* 2 slices of bacon per wooden skewer
* 4 chicken livers per wooden skewer
* 3 button mushrooms per wooden skewer
1. Whisk the syrup, red wine and sugar in a bowl until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Stir in the onions, garlic, oregano, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
3. Pour the mixture into a large glass or plastic container that you can cover.
4. Cut each of the bacon slices in half.
5. Place liver on top of one half of each slice of bacon.
6. Wrap the bacon slice around the liver and thread them onto the skewer.
7. Place a mushroom onto each skewer.
8. Alternate back and forth until you have 4 livers and 3 mushrooms per skewer.
9. Place the threaded skewers into the marinade and seal the container.
10. Turn the container a couple of times to ensure the skewers are well coated.
11. Place the marinade into the refrigerator and chill from 4 hours to overnight.
12. Heat the grill to the medium high temperature.
13. Remove the skewers from the marinade.
14. Grill the skewers 12 minutes, turning often, or until the livers are cooked through and the bacon is just crispy
These kabobs are very savory, rich with herbs and garlic, and just plain yummy. They take a little time, so save them for a special occasion when you can enjoy making them, and eating them!