* 4 slices of bacon cut into 1 in squares
* 1 small yellow onion, chopped fine and divided
* 1/4 lb button mushrooms, chopped fine
* 2 tsp garlic, minced and divided
* 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
* 1 tsp ground Italian parsley
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
* 1/2 tsp pepper
* 1/2 tsp dry mustard
* 1 tbsp olive oil + extra for brushing meat
* 1/2 C dry red wine
* 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
* 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
* 2 tbsp tomato paste
* 1 tsp paprika
* 1 tsp light brown sugar
* Tabasco sauce
* 8 large romaine lettuce leaves
1. In a skillet over medium heat fry the bacon until cooked through, drain on paper towel.
2. Saute half of the onions in the bacon grease for a couple minutes until soft.
3. Add the mushrooms to the skillet and 1 tsp of garlic and continue cooking 5 minutes.
4. Cool the mixture 10 minutes then place in a large mixing bowl.
5. Add into the bowl the cooked bacon, ground beef, parsley, salt, Worcestershire, pepper and mustard and mix together, using hands.
6. Form eight four inch tube-like rolls and place them on a platter, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
7. Meanwhile, in a large sauce pan over medium heat place 1 tbsp of the oil, and saute the remaining onion until onion begins to soften.
8. Stir in the remaining garlic and cook briefly stirring constantly.
9. Stir in the wine and vinegar and bring mixture to a boil.
10. Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, paprika, and brown sugar.
11. Turn heat down and simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken.
12. Stir in as much Tabasco sauce as you like.
13. Take the meat rolls out of the refrigerator, and brush them with the remaining oil.
14. Place the meat rolls on a hot grill.
15. Grill for 8 minutes turning 1/4 turn every two minutes.
16. Lay out the romaine lettuce leaves on a platter.
17. When the meat rolls have finished grilling, place each meat roll on a romaine lettuce leaf.
18. Spread the tomato sauce evenly over each meat roll.
19. Roll the romaine lettuce leaves up and around the saucy meat rolls and secure with a toothpick.