Savory Sirloin Pitas
* 1/2 C reduced sodium beef broth
* 2 Tbsp olive oil
* 1 clove of garlic, minced
* 1/2 tsp oregano
* 1/8 tsp pepper
* 1 lb. beef sirloin, cut into strips
* 2/3 C reduced fat cucumber ranch dressing
* 5 (6 in.) pieces of pita bread
* 2 C chopped lettuce
* 1 tomato, chopped
* 1 red onion, sliced thin
1. Place the beef broth, oil and the garlic into a large plastic sealable bag.
2. Sprinkle in the oregano and pepper.
3. Seal the bag and shake to combine the ingredients.
4. Add the sirloin strips to the bag.
5. Seal and turn to coat the meat well.
6. Refrigerate at least 2 hours but not over 24 hours.
7. Remove the meat and throw away the marinade.
8. Spray a skillet with non stick cooking spray.
9. Place the skillet over medium heat and add the meat.
10. Brown the meat 5 minutes, turning often.
11. Place the meat on the open pita bread.
12. Top with a slice of tomato and a slice of onion.
13. Top each sandwich with the dressing.
Although this is a rather simple sandwich to make, the flavors are so incredible, that it won't taste simple. Be sure to slice your sirloin nice and thin, against the grain, to get the perfect texture for your pita. I love the cucumber ranch dressing, but if you have regular ranch that you'd like to use, just add a little chopped cucumber to the finished sandwich.