Savory Spiced Leg of Lamb
* 1 large leg of lamb
* 1 tsp lemon juice, divided
* 1 Tbsp + 1 1/2 tsp honey, divided
* 2 Tbsp rosemary, chopped
* 1 tsp thyme
* 1 tsp oregano
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp pepper
* 3 lb potatoes, peeled and quartered
* 1 Tbsp olive oil
* 1/2 C water
* 2 Tbsp of butter
1. Arrange the leg of lamb in a large roasting pan.
2. In a mixing bowl whisk together the 1/2 of the lemon juice, 1 Tbsp of the honey, rosemary, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.
3. Rub the honey mixture over the entire leg of lamb.
4. Cover the pan and refrigerate the lamb for at least 4 hours but no longer then 24 hours.
5. Set the oven temperature to 425 degrees and allow the oven to preheat.
6. Place the potatoes into a bowl.
7. Sprinkle the remaining lemon juice over the potatoes and toss to coat.
8. Arrange the potatoes in the roasting pan around the lamb.
9. Carefully pour the water into the roasting pan.
10. Place the olive oil into a small mixing bowl.
11. Add the remaining honey and whisk until well blended.
12. Pour the mixture over the meat and potatoes.
13. Cut the butter into small pieces.
14. Dot the potatoes with the pieces of butter.
15. Bake 1 1/2 hours or until the potatoes are tender and the lamb has cooked through.
This is a very lovely dish for any holiday, but I think it's especially nice for either Easter or Mother's Day. Mom will appreciate the extra effort her family puts into preparing this special meal just for her... hint hint.