1. Place the peaches, tthe water, and 1 cup of the sugar into a saucepan and bring to a boil then turn down heat and simmer 10 minutes.
2. Heat the oven to 350 degrees, place the butter in a baking dish and place it in the oven.
3. Mix the remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, and milk in a bowl and then pour this mixture on top of the melted butter in the baking dish.
4. Spread the peaches mixture over the flour mixture and sprinkle with the cinnamon.
5. Bake 40 minutes or until nicely browned.
This is fun to watch bake because you never actually mix all the ingredients - just layer them. When you bring the pan out of the oven, it's just magically mixed. Kids love this dessert, especially with a scoop of ice cream on top. Grownups like it too because you use fresh peaches which give the dessert a bit more tangy flavor than canned peaches do.